Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coming easy

I recently read a magazine article in O magazine about the idea of getting what you want without really trying. It applied the business practice of just-in-time inventory management to your life. I love this idea. People are always striving to get what they want that we lose sight of the fact that sometimes exactly what we need comes into our lives at exactly the right time without us having to lift a finger. This idea intrigues me because right now I am feeling especially lazy. Caring for the needs of 2 small children, a husband and our home 24/7 really takes all of my energy. I love the idea of remembering all of the times when things worked out, perfectly. The author suggested listing 20 wonderful things that entered your life at just the right time with no effort on your part.
1. Both times I got pregnant right away with each boy, I didn't have to try much at all.
2. When I was nearing the end of my pregnancy with Zachary, I wanted to make sure I got to spend all of my maternity leave with my new baby, I didn't want any other family in the delivery room, and I wanted a natural labor. I finished work on a Friday, and went into labor Sunday night, and had an unplanned home delivery early Monday morning. Both of my wishes came true! Though the home birth was scary, everything worked out perfectly -- I even saved money on my medical bills.
3. I was planning to buy some scented lotion from Bath & Body works and my friend Lori gave me a large bag of lotions and body washes she no longer wanted and guess what was included -- a large bottle of the exact scent of lotion I wanted!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment