Sunday, May 10, 2009

Just enjoyed a great Mother's Day Brunch at the Cheesecake Factory with Jeremy, the boys, and my dad and stepmom. My digestive tract needs to catch up with my appetite; I am still recovering from this virus. Last night that led to me eating Mexican food which sounded and tasted good at the time, but afterwards I spent some time in the bathroom paying for my indiscretion.
After brunch we let the kids play in the play area, and I browsed at the bookstore. I checked out Dr. Laura's new book "In Praise of the Stay at Home Mom." I can't wait to read it, Dr. Laura always makes me feel good about being a SAHM. Of course, I don't plan to stay home forever, so it also makes me feel worried about the future...I just found out my stepmom stayed home until her youngest was 21! 21! She said she was happy and all of her friends were at home also. Her oldest son was a special needs child, so he took a lot of care and attention just to get him through high school. I must say that I want to go back for the money...we either need to remodel this house or buy a larger house. We would like to keep this as a rental. We live in a modest 1550 sq foot home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths built in 1991. Jeremy would love an office and we could really use a separate guest room again. It's pretty tight in here when we have house guests.
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment