Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ideal job

A recent message board post asked what your ideal job is. Honestly, there is no job I'd rather do than be a stay at home mom. Though I've had my struggles, and Lord knows I'm not perfect at it, it is deeply satisfying. Even though we get on each other's nerves, being with my kids all day allows me to know exactly what's going on with them and I feel so connected to them. When I was working, it never escaped me that someone else (several someone elses!) at the daycare center were spending more time with my child than I was. And those girls were on the clock and didn't care as much as I do. After a long weekend or vacation, I would always remark that I felt so "close" to Zachary. Now I get to feel that way with both boys all of the time, and I appreciate it so much. It is a fine balance of making sure we have something to do, but not too many chores or errands to do. The kids and I can't stand being bored, but they will balk if they are dragged around from activity to activity.
After working for 3 years at a job where I was underpaid, underappreciated, and not treated well, I love being a full-time mom to my kids! Being a working mom for 2 years puts me in the unique position to realize how good I have it as a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment